Since launching in late 2019, our Auctions service has allowed COMC users to capitalize on the growing market for trading cards by selling their high-end items on our eBay store. COMC eBay Auctions are suitable for single trading cards valued at more than $50 and will be listed as a 7-day, $0.99 no-reserve auction.
COMC Auctions currently only supports single trading cards with a $50 minimum auction value. For items valued below $50, we recommend using our Standard or Select Consignment services. At our discretion, we may downgrade new auction consignment submissions (including submissions for Auction-related promotional events) to the Select processing service level if they mostly consist of items valued less than the $50 minimum value.
There are no up-front fees to consign new submissions directly to COMC Auctions on eBay. When a buyer pays for the auction, payment is issued to you as Store Credit on your COMC account, minus the Transaction Fee. The Transaction Fee is based on the auction sale price of each single card listing and is assessed when we receive payment from the buyer.
There is a $6.50 minimum auction transaction fee for oversized cards larger than 2 1/2″ x 3 1/2″ (modern), or 2 5/8″ x 3 3/4″ (vintage). There are no additional fees for standard-sized graded cards.
1. Submitting a new COMC Auctions Consignment
If you have cards in hand which you’d like to send directly to auction with COMC as a new consignment submission, follow these steps:
- Sign in to your COMC account. Register for a free account if you haven’t already done so.
- Complete the online Submission Wizard and print the submission slip.
- Securely package your items along with the submission slip and ship them to the address we provide.
2. Transferring Elite Items to COMC eBay Auctions
If an item is currently consigned with COMC it must be processed as Elite Service in order to be transferred to COMC eBay Auctions. Standard or Select items will not be eligible for direct transfer to COMC Auctions, and must first be Reprocessed as Elite prior to being transferred to auction. Follow the step below for transferring:
- Find the Elite item you want to transfer to auction in your Inventory Manager
- Click on the Actions menu
- Select Send to Auction
- Select eBay Auction service
- Submit the item
Auction Listing Schedule
New consignments submitted through the eBay Auction service level will be listed at auction 2-3 weeks after they are received by COMC. Elite cards sent to auction will be listed within 1-2 weeks of submission. While you will be able to view your items consigned through the eBay Auction service level, you will not be able to set a price and list them for sale on the COMC Marketplace.
Additional Submission Guidelines
- For ultra high-value items we recommend consignments are sent with tracking and required signature confirmation upon delivery via your preferred package delivery service.
- Ungraded cards must be shipped to COMC in card savers, toploaders, or manufacturer sealed holders to ensure maximum protection during transit and processing. Screw-down cases are not accepted.
- COMC recognizes the following third-party grading companies: PSA, BGS, SGC, BVG, BCCG, KSA, and CGC Gaming. Cards graded by any other companies are not supported and cannot be listed for sale. We encourage you to review our Supported Trading Cards policy to ensure all the items in your consignment will be accepted.