If you have a collectible you’d like to list on COMC but are unsure if we will support it, please contact us at email@example.com prior to submitting the item. Items we receive that are not supported will incur regular processing and shipping fees, but will not be listed for sale on COMC.
The following guidelines will be updated as needed. We’ll communicate any major changes to the Supported Trading Card policy.
Supported cards must meet all of the following criteria:
Single Card – No factory sealed boxes, packs, or sets. Multi-piece cards (e.g. Thunder and Lightning, Cardsupials, etc.) will be separated and processed individually unless still sealed (e.g. 1997-98 Skybox Premium And One…, Allen & Ginter Rip Cards, etc.).
Licensed – By League, Team, Player’s Association, Production Company, etc. No unlicensed trading cards, art cards, or unlicensed sketch cards.
Authentic – Reprints must be clearly stated as such on the card. Some heavily counterfeited cards will require grading (1986-87 Fleer Jordan). Cards declined by major grading companies (1985 Chong Modesto A’s McGwire) may be Unsupported. Backdoored cards may also be unsupported.
Family-Friendly – As of January 1st, 2019 we’ve updated our Family-Friendly Content Policy. Please review the policy to ensure your future consignments will be accepted.
Sellable Condition – We accept vintage and modern cards in all conditions. Any item that has been altered in a way that may deceive a buyer and increase the item’s value is not able to be listed for sale. Uncirculated cards may be removed from their sealed holders during processing in order to properly assess the condition of the card.
Please note that items with dimensions larger than 11 ½” x 16 ½” are not supported.
NOTE: We no longer accept Magazines, Programs, or Team Schedules, Ticket Stubs, or Redemptions for consignment. Some of these items are currently listed for sale on COMC, but we will not be accepting them for future submissions.
***Effective January 15, 2020 we stopped supporting Redemptions for consignment.
Modern and Vintage Trading Cards Issued by Major Manufacturers
- Base Cards/Commons
- Serial Numbered Cards
- Manufacturer-Certified Relic/Memorabilia Cards
- Manufacturer-Certified Autograph Cards. Certified autograph cards with a missing autograph may be declined.
- Manufacturer-Certified Cut Autograph Cards
- Printing Plates – No blank backs
- Booklet Cards
- Jumbo Cards
- Mini Cards
- Sketch Cards
- Rip Cards e.g. Allen & Ginter
- Buyback Cards – Must have stamp/embossing or sticker with matching Certificate of Authenticity. Bowman Originals must remain encapsulated in manufacturer-sealed case.
- Other Cards with Certificates of Authenticity – COA must be from the manufacturer and must apply to a single card. COAs that apply to multiple cards or a set will be declined
- Encased Uncirculated Cards
- Wax Box Cards (no cards trimmed from point-of-sale advertising e.g. box tops)
- Promo/Sample Cards – Must say Promo, Sample, etc. on the card. Punched/clipped promo cards will be declined.
Pre-War Tobacco Issues
- Cards e.g. T206, E90, etc.
- Leathers e.g. 1910-12 ATC College Yells Leathers Tobacco L40
- Silks e.g. 1909 Cigarette Silks White S74-1
- Felts e.g. 1914 Egyptienne Straights Felt Blankets Tobacco B18
Licensed Album Stickers
- Garbage Pail Kids
- Wacky Packages
- Panini Album Stickers
- Topps/O-Pee-Chee Album Stickers
Team Issued Cards
- Major League
- Minor League
- International League
Magazine-Issued Singles (No shaved/hand-cut perforated cards)
- Topps Magazine
- Upper Deck Tuff Stuff
- Sports Illustrated For Kids
- Simon & Schuster Little Big Leaguers
- Red Foley
- Team Program/Scorecard insert cards
No Ballstreet, Rookie Review, Investor’s Journal, Legends Magazine, Baseball Cards Magazine, Baseball Card Price Guide Magazine, etc.
Card Strips/Panels (No shaved/hand-cut perforated cards)
- Separated at Perforation
No large uncut sheets
Magnets – Issued in a series
- Pro Magnets
- Team Issue/Stadium Giveaway
Magnetic schedules and other magnets not issued in a series will be Unsupported
Licensed Reprints – marked as “Reprints” and/or have the reprint manufacturer name
- Renata Galasso
- R&N China
Collectible Coins/Poker Chips/Pinbacks/Stamps/Bottle Caps – Issued in a series
- Sports Players
- Team Logos
- Non-Sports Subjects
Official coins, paper money, tokens, and stamps will be Unsupported
Collectible Playing Cards – Card face must depict a unique Player/Person/Character on each card
- Bicycle Baseball Aces
- 1966 Ed-U-Cards Green Hornet Playing Cards
- 1963 Stancraft Playing Cards
Sports Postcards – Issued in a series
Non-Sports Postcards – Depicting person/character. Issued in a series
- 1944 RCA Victor Bandleaders and Recording Stars Advertising Postcards
- 1957 Topps Goofy Series Postcards
Mini-Posters – Issued in a series
- 1970-71 Topps Posters
- 1967 Topps Poster Inserts
- 1992 Starting Lineup Cards Posters
Collectible Phone Cards – Issued in a series
Miscellaneous Trading Card Manufacturer-Issued Collectibles – Must be flat
- Topps Vault w/matching COA – COA must correspond to only one item. Items with multi-Item COAs will be Unsupported
- Upper Deck Mini Jerseys
- Topps Superstar Standups Candy Collectibles
Third-Party-Authenticated Autographed Trading Cards
- PSA/DNA – PSA/DNA Authentication Services
- JSA – James Spence Authentication
- SGC – Sportscard Guaranty Authentic
- BAS – Beckett Authentication Service
- CAS – Certified Authentication Service
In-Person autographs, Through-the-Mail autographs, or autographs authenticated by other companies cannot be listed for sale
Supported Grading Companies
- PSA – Professional Sports Authenticator
- SGC – Sportscard Guaranty
- BGS – Beckett Grading Services
- BVG – Beckett Vintage Grading
- BCCG – Beckett Collectors Club Grading
- KSA – KSA Certification
- CGC – Certified Guaranty Company
- CSG – Certified Sports Guaranty
- HGA – Hybrid Grading Approach (no PC Slabs)
Additional Notes on Graded Cards:
- Legacy cards consigned to COMC in the past but graded by companies we no longer support (such as GMA) are considered ‘grandfathered’ and will not be unsupported. However, newly consigned cards graded by companies other than those listed above will be processed into accounts as ‘Unsupported’ and cannot be listed for sale.
- A graded case that is damaged to the extent that the card is exposed and/or the case is no longer properly supporting the card and cannot be listed for sale.
Must be Graded to be Listed on COMC:
The following trading cards can only be listed for sale on COMC if they’ve been professionally graded by a reputable grading company:
Vintage Trading Cards
- 1909 Cy Young (T206)
- 1909 Eddie Plank (T206)
- 1909 Honus Wagner (T206)
- 1909 Ty Cobb (T206)
- 1909 Fred Snodgrass “Nodgrass” error (T206)
- 1909 Joe Doyle “NY Nat’l” error (T206)
- 1909 Sherry Magee “Magie” error (T206)
- 1914 Baltimore News Babe Ruth
- Pre-1930s Joe Jackson cards
- 1933 Babe Ruth (Goudey #53, #80, #144, and #181)
- 1933 Lou Gehrig (Goudey #92 and #160)
- 1951 Mickey Mantle (Bowman #253)
- 1952 Mickey Mantle (Topps #311)
- 1966-67 Bobby Orr rookie card (Topps #35)
- 1979-80 Wayne Gretzky rookie card (O-Pee-Chee and Topps #18)
Modern Trading Cards
- Star Basketball Michael Jordan (all years)
- 1985-86 Topps Mario Lemieux #9
- 1986-87 Fleer Michael Jordan #57 rookie card
- 1990 Topps Frank Thomas #414 No Name on Front variation
- 1991 Topps Operation Desert Shield
- 1996 Topps Willie Mays autograph
- 1996-97 Z-Force Big Men On Court Michael Jordan
- 2000-01 Bowman’s Best – Franchise Favorites #FF3A Shaquille O’Neal, Magic Johnson dual autograph
- 2000-01 Kobe Bryant Ovation autograph
- 2000-01 UD Hardcourt Kobe Bryant autograph
- 2000-01 UD Hardcourt Ray Allen autograph
- 2001 Upper Deck Legends Johnny Unitas autograph
- 2003 Topps Team Legends Willie Mays autograph
- 2009 Upper Deck Bryce Harper USA autograph (#USA83)
- 2016-17 Panini Next Day Brandon Ingram autograph