If you have a collectible you’d like to list on COMC but are unsure if we will support it, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org prior to submitting the item. Items we receive that are not supported will incur regular processing and shipping fees, but will not be listed for sale on COMC.
The following guidelines will be updated as needed. We’ll communicate any major changes to the Supported Trading Card policy.
Supported cards must meet all of the following criteria:
Single Card – No factory sealed boxes, packs, or sets. Multi-piece cards (e.g. Thunder and Lightning, Cardsupials, etc.) will be separated and processed individually unless still sealed (e.g. 1997-98 Skybox Premium And One…, Allen & Ginter Rip Cards, etc.).
Licensed – By League, Team, Player’s Association, Production Company, etc. No unlicensed trading cards, art cards, or unlicensed sketch cards.
Authentic – Reprints must be clearly stated as such on the card. Some heavily counterfeited cards will require grading (1986-87 Fleer Jordan). Cards declined by major grading companies (1985 Chong Modesto A’s McGwire) may be Unsupported. Backdoored cards may also be unsupported.
Family-Friendly – No swimsuit/lingerie/nude model cards (Bench Warmers, Playboy, etc.) or cards depicting suggestive poses, explicit language, or excessive violence. Exceptions may be made for subjects with historical significance (e.g. 1940s pin-up cards, historic war sets, etc.).
Sellable Condition – We accept vintage cards of all conditions (Altered cards will be noted as such). Modern cards printed after 1980 must be in Near Mint-Mint condition or better. If a modern card is in lower than Near Mint-Mint condition and you’d like to list it, you may submit it through the Premium or Select processing service levels, where it will receive a detailed condition note.
Modern and Vintage Trading Cards Issued by Major Manufacturers
- Base Cards/Commons
- Serial Numbered Cards
- Manufacturer-Certified Relic/Memorabilia Cards
- Manufacturer-Certified Autograph Cards. Certified autograph cards with a missing autograph may be declined.
- Manufacturer-Certified Cut Autograph Cards
- Printing Plates – No blank backs
- Booklet Cards
- Jumbo Cards
- Mini Cards
- Sketch Cards
- Rip Cards e.g. Allen & Ginter
- Buyback Cards – Must have stamp/embossing or sticker with matching Certificate of Authenticity. Bowman Originals must remain encapsulated in manufacturer-sealed case.
- Other Cards with Certificates of Authenticity – COA must be from the manufacturer and must apply to a single card. COAs that apply to multiple cards or a set will be declined
- Encased Uncirculated Cards
- Unscratched Redemption Cards – Unscratched redemption cards will be scratched and redeemed through our redemption service. Redemptions must exchange for one card only. No expired redemptions, unless a player is pictured. No scratched redemptions, Panini Points, set redemptions, or contest cards (Bracketology, Call Your Shot, etc.).
- Wax Box Cards (no cards trimmed from point-of-sale advertising e.g. box tops)
- Promo/Sample Cards – Must say Promo, Sample, etc. on the card. Punched/clipped promo cards will be declined.
Pre-War Tobacco Issues
- Cards e.g. T206, E90, etc.
- Leathers e.g. 1910-12 ATC College Yells Leathers Tobacco L40
- Silks e.g. 1909 Cigarette Silks White S74-1
- Felts e.g. 1914 Egyptienne Straights Felt Blankets Tobacco B18
Licensed Album Stickers
- Garbage Pail Kids
- Wacky Packages
- Panini Album Stickers
- Topps/O-Pee-Chee Album Stickers
Team Issued Cards
- Major League
- Minor League
- International League
Magazine-Issued Singles (No shaved/hand-cut perforated cards)
- Topps Magazine
- Upper Deck Tuff Stuff
- Sports Illustrated For Kids
- Simon & Schuster Little Big Leaguers
- Red Foley
- Team Program/Scorecard insert cards
No Ballstreet, Rookie Review, Investor’s Journal, Legends Magazine, Baseball Cards Magazine, Baseball Card Price Guide Magazine, etc.
Card Strips/Panels (No shaved/hand-cut perforated cards)
- Separated at Perforation
No large uncut sheets
Magnets – Issued in a series
- Pro Magnets
- Team Issue/Stadium Giveaway
Magnetic schedules and other magnets not issued in a series will be Unsupported
Licensed Reprints – marked as “Reprints” and/or have the reprint manufacturer name
- Renata Galasso
- R&N China
Collectible Coins/Poker Chips/Pinbacks/Stamps – Issued in a series
- Sports Players
- Team Logos
- Non-Sports Subjects
Official coins, paper money, tokens, and stamps will be Unsupported
Collectible Playing Cards – Card face must depict a unique Player/Person/Character on each card
- Bicycle Baseball Aces
- 1966 Ed-U-Cards Green Hornet Playing Cards
- 1963 Stancraft Playing Cards
Sports Postcards – Issued in a series
Non-Sports Postcards – Depicting person/character. Issued in a series
- 1944 RCA Victor Bandleaders and Recording Stars Advertising Postcards
- 1957 Topps Goofy Series Postcards
Mini-Posters – Issued in a series
- 1970-71 Topps Posters
- 1967 Topps Poster Inserts
- 1992 Starting Lineup Cards Posters
Collectible Phone Cards – Issued in a series
Miscellaneous Trading Card Manufacturer-Issued Collectibles – Must be flat
- Topps Vault w/matching COA – COA must correspond to only one item. Items with multi-Item COAs will be Unsupported
- Upper Deck Mini Jerseys
- Topps Superstar Standups Candy Collectibles
Third-Party-Authenticated Autographed Trading Cards
- PSA/DNA – PSA/DNA Authentication Services
- JSA – James Spence Authentication
- SGC – Sportscard Guaranty Authentic
In-Person or Through-the-Mail autographs not authenticated by those companies will be declined
Supported Grading Companies
- PSA – Professional Sports Authenticator
- SGC – Sportscard Guaranty
- BGS – Beckett Grading Services
- BVG – Beckett Vintage Grading
- GAI – Global Authentication Incorporated
- KSA – KSA Certification
- Cards graded by other companies will be listed as ENCASED