COMC is excited to announce our presence at this year’s 43rd National Sports Collectors Convention in Chicago (Rosemont), IL. Whether you’re new to COMC or a long-time user, be sure to come by our booth and say “Hello”! For more information about the show itself, please visit NSCCShow.com.
The convention will be held at the Donald E. Stephens Convention Center from Wednesday, July 26th through Sunday, July 30th in Rosemont, IL. COMC will have a team of employees on hand in the corporate area at Booth #325 to accept consignment submissions and answer all questions about COMC. We have some very special weekly announcements to share leading up to the National!
Don’t miss out! Stay tuned for weekly announcements up until the National!
Here are some of the events and services you can look forward to at our booth:
- Submission Promotion
- Grade With PSA
- Direct To Grading
- Ask The Grader
- Time With Tim
- Where to Find COMC
Take advantage of this event-only promotion to submit your graded items at the National using our Elite, Select, and Standard services at a reduced price. If you have been waiting for a discount on submissions, now is your chance to save BIG!
Please Note: COMC will NOT be accepting on-site drop offs for Comic Books. Raw or Graded
The National Submission Promotion Discount Requirement
Take 50% Off Graded Elite, Select, and Standard submissions this year for items submitted onsite at the National between Wednesday, July 26th, and Sunday, July 30th!
Graded Card Submission discount applies to graded sports, non-sports, and TCG cards only, graded by a supported third-party grading company.
Discount does not apply to raw cards, ungraded cards, or to uncirculated/encased, RCR, or factory-sealed toploaders. The discount also does not apply to third-party grading submission fees.
Write “SLAB50” on each submission paperwork slip to receive 50% off your graded submission’s total processing fee.
The discount also does not apply to third-party grading submission fees.
- Write “SLAB50” on each submission paperwork slip to receive 50% off your graded submission’s total processing fee.
- Elite submissions are normally $2.00/card, now $1.00/card! There is no Elite submission minimum. Maximum of 300 graded cards.
- Select submissions are normally $1.50/card, now $0.75/card! Select submissions must contain a minimum of 10 cards. Maximum of 300 graded cards.
- Standard submissions are normally $1.00/card, now $0.50/card! Select submissions must contain a minimum of 20 cards. Maximum of 300 graded cards.
Maximum 300 total graded card submissions (per user, not per service level).
The savings don’t stop there! Take 50% off all cards submitted to our new Direct To Grading service level. Normally, $1 per card, now only $0.50. This one-week service is for cards you want to send directly to one of our grading partners.
- Write “SLAB50” on each submission paperwork slip to receive 50% off your direct to grading submission’s total processing fee. Maximum 300 Direct to Grading submissions (per customer).
The promo is good for a maximum of 300 Direct To Grading submissions per user. Any cards submitted to Direct to Grading over the 300 card maximum, will not receive the 50% off discount.
Each user may submit 300 graded cards using the 50% off promo and submit 300 cards for direct to grading using the 50% off promo at the National.
Important Promotion Information
- This discount does not stack with other promotions: discounts such as eligible Fresh Pulls products cannot be combined with the discounts for this promotion.
- The discount does not apply to items submitted using our eBay Auction service level.
- There is a maximum quantity limit. You may only submit a total of 300 graded cards as part of submissions across all service levels. You may not submit 300 graded cards at each service level. If you plan to drop off a submission of 300 or more graded cards at the event, please contact email@example.com prior to the event for approval.
- For graded Elite, Select, and Standard items, oversized cards larger than 2 1/2″ x 3 1/2″ (modern size), 2 5/8″ x 3 3/4″ (vintage size), coins, and comic books incur an additional $3.00 processing add-on fee per item.
Important Submission Reminders
- Each submission slip must have the handwritten code SLAB50 on the submission paperwork to qualify. There are no exceptions, and submissions without the handwritten code will not be eligible for a retroactive promotional discount.
- Our mail-in submission services in the United States and Canadian offices are not eligible for this promotion.
- Items must be submitted onsite at the National between Wednesday, July 26th through Sunday, July 30th in order to be eligible for the promotion discounts.
For questions regarding the eligibility of products, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Drop-Off Submission Information
We’re excited to offer our users the option to drop off their consignments at our booth. Whether you’ve already been preparing a new COMC submission or plan to consign cards you find at the show, save the cost of shipping by dropping off your submissions directly with COMC! Our team at the National will be accepting submissions for all our consignment services:
- Direct To Grading
- eBay Auctions
- Fresh Pulls
Please carefully read the instructions below for best practices for prepping your consignments for drop-off:
1) All submissions must have complete and accurate printed paperwork by using our Submission Wizard. To speed up the drop-off process, please pack your items securely for shipment and print your submission paperwork in advance. Be sure to select the Drop Off @ Rosemont, IL – National Sports Collectors Convention option within the Submission Wizard as shown below:
2) Ensure your submission is packed properly and securely. We strongly recommend using one-row boxes for your submissions instead of multi-row boxes (such as 660 or 800-count boxes). Please, no loose card submissions, or submissions in boxes not intended for trading cards. COMC will not be providing boxes for card submissions.
3) The cut-off time for accepting submissions at all events is one hour before the show ends each day.
4) Please allow up to 7-10 days for consignments submitted at the event to reach our Redmond, WA facility. Your submissions from the event will be entered into your account and begin processing during that time period following the event.
5) If you plan to drop off a submission of 3,000 or more raw cards, or 300 or more graded cards at the event, please contact email@example.com prior to the event for approval. Large submissions of 3,000 raw cards or 300 graded cards may require additional coordination and will not be accepted without approval.
We will have computer stations with printers set up for consignors to use at the show. These stations often get busy during peak show hours, so we encourage you to print your submission slips in advance to make your drop-off process quick and easy!
For questions regarding the eligibility of products, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Grade With PSA
COMC is thrilled to introduce our new partnership with Professional Sports Authenticator PSA! With over 30 million raw cards available through our marketplace, COMC is expanding upon our effortless grading experience for you to Buy, Sell, and Grade your Sports, Marvel, and TCG cards.
We’re excited for our collectors to get started with PSA! The COMC Grading Team is ready to provide an incredible service to our customers and help add more graded cards to your collection and to the COMC Marketplace. PSA is a premier grading service with a leading track record in both grading quantity and quality of items graded! The PSA brand brings value, security, and respected grading standards to your cards and the hobby overall.
Direct to Grading
COMC is now your one-stop shop for Group Grading with our new Direct to Grading submission service! This streamlined Direct to Grading option will allow your cards to be submitted for third-party grading more quickly and features a hands-off ingestion process, meaning the cards will not be touched by the COMC team.
We are very proud to offer this new submission level for fast and simple grading with CGC and all future grading companies for just $1 dollar per card! With the addition of Direct to Grading, COMC is the obvious choice to submit, grade, & sell your cards!
Ask The Grader
Curious to know how your cards might grade if you submit them to Direct To Grading? Come let the team from CGC review your cards!
On Thursday, July 27th, from Noon to 1 pm, stop by our booth and let the expert grading team from CGC Grading review your cards and give you their expert opinion on how your card might grade. This is a free event and is open to all show attendees.
Andy Broome, the Vice President and Senior Grade Finalizer for CGC, and his team will review your cards and give you their expert opinion on how your cards will grade.
Andy Broome started grading sports cards professionally in 2000. Since then, he has graded millions of cards, including the most iconic ones such as the T206 Honus Wagner, T206 Doyle Nat’l, and T206 Ty Cobb Back. Broome also helped create the baseball card exhibit at the National Baseball Hall of Fame.
COMC is an authorized CGC Official Submission Center! This allows you to send cards directly from your inventory to CGC to be graded, whether the cards were purchased on COMC, transferred to your account, or consigned directly to us.
The COMC Grading Team is excited to provide an incredible service to our customers and help add more graded cards to your collection and to the COMC Marketplace.
Our executive team is looking forward to meeting with our users as well as members of the trading card community to hear their feedback, ideas, and experiences they’ve had with our services.
If you would like to request to meet with our executive team for up to 30 minutes at the NSCC, please email us at email@example.com. In your email, please include the dates and times you are available to meet, as well as a short list of the topics you wish to discuss. Please send your meeting request by no later than Monday, July 17th. You will be notified by email of your appointment time on Thursday, July 20th.
COMC will be in the heart of the showroom floor within the Corporate Pavilion at Booth #325, where we will be neighbors with Heritage Auctions and Robert Edwards Auctions.
We’ll See You in Chicago!
Our team is excited to return to the National and connect with members of the COMC community. The show is an incredible opportunity to celebrate the growth and the future of the trading card hobby that we all love so much.