Are you ready for the NBA Tip-Off? COMC Auctions is partnering with eBay to promote our NBA Tip-Off Auction Event!
High-end basketball cards consigned with COMC Auctions will be featured on eBay’s homepage from Monday, October 18th through Sunday, October 24th, 2021. Take advantage of this opportunity to increase the visibility of your basketball card auctions as the NBA season begins!
Below you’ll find all the information you need to submit your basketball cards for this special auction event!
When and How to Submit Your Basketball Cards:
If you’re new to COMC, please first register for a COMC account here. Registered COMC users have multiple options for submitting their basketball cards to auction during this event. Whether you already have consigned cards with us to auction or if you are considering sending new cards to COMC specifically for this event, details and key dates are listed below.
Mail-In Submission Deadlines
- New mail-in auction submissions received by Thursday, September 30th 2021 will be included in the promotion.
- Before printing your Submission Slips, please make sure to select the specific “NBA Tip-Off eBay Auction Event” option in the COMC Submission Wizard.
- On the outside of all mail-in submission packages for this event, please clearly mark “NTS” on all sides of the package. This will ensure our team can correctly prioritize your submission.
To create a new mail-in auction submission, first Register, then log in and visit Start New Submission in your COMC Account. To ensure your basketball cards are included in this promotion, you must select the “NBA Tip-Off eBay Auction Event” processing service in Step 3 of the Submission Wizard.
You will receive an email notification from our team confirming that we have received your submission. Once we’ve processed and scheduled your items for auction, you will be able to view them in your COMC account’s Auction History.
Transfer COMC Elite Items to Auction By Friday, October 8th
If you already have COMC Elite Basketball Items in your account, you are welcome to transfer them to Auction specifically for this NBA Tip-Off event. Only items which have already been processed through our Elite Consignment Service are eligible to be transferred directly to auction. To be included in the promotion, COMC Elite basketball items must be transferred to auction by Friday, October 8th, 2021.
When transferring your items to auction, please select the “NBA Tip-Off eBay Auction Event” option shown below.
- In your Inventory Manager, find the COMC Elite Item you want to transfer to auction
- Click on the Actions menu
- Select “Send to Auction”
- Select the “NBA Tip-Off eBay Auction Event” option.
After transferring your cards to auction, they move from your Inventory Manager to Auction Submissions in your COMC account. Please note that all transfer to auction submissions are final. Once scheduled for auction, you can monitor your auctions in Auction History.
Non-Elite Items Transfer Deadlines
Cards already consigned with COMC which have not yet been upgraded to COMC Elite Items must first be Reprocessed as Elite to be eligible for COMC Auctions. To ensure that your items will be reprocessed as Elite in time for this auction event, we encourage you to submit them for reprocessing as soon as possible.
- To be re-processed as Elite in time for this Auction Event, items must be submitted for Elite Re-Processing by Friday, September 17th, 2021.
Follow these steps to submit items in your COMC account for Elite Reprocessing:
- Find the item you want to upgrade in your Inventory Manager
- Click on the Actions menu
- Select “Reprocess as Elite”
- Select COMC Reprocessing
- Pay $2 COMC Store Credit to submit the item
Once the items have been reprocessed as elite and returned to your COMC Inventory, please remember to then Send to Auction by Friday, October 8th, 2021.
Important COMC Auctions Reminders
- The minimum fee per auction is $3.50, regardless of the final sale price. For a full breakdown of COMC Auction fees, see the COMC Auction Schedule and Fees blog.
- We strongly recommend you only submit cards to auction that will sell for approximately $50 or more. COMC Auctions reserves the right to change the service level of new Auction submissions to our Select Processing Service Level if submissions primarily consist of items valued less than $10.
- There are no cancellations once we receive your auction submission. If you want to instead consign your high-end trading cards through COMC as buy-it-now listings or field offers on the COMC.com marketplace, we encourage you to submit them using our Elite Service. All Elite Items are eligible to be transferred to auction at a later date.
- Please review our Supported Trading Cards criteria if you have any questions about what items you can consign with COMC.
- COMC is also proud to announce we are now accepting HGA Hybrid Grading Approach slabs for submissions. HGA gets added to a list of supported grading companies; including PSA, BGS, BVG, CSG, and SGC!
- For more information about our auction service, please refer to our Auctions and Auctions FAQ pages.
Questions? Our Team is Here to Help!
If you have any questions about submitting your cards for this Auction Event, we welcome you to email the COMC Auctions Team at firstname.lastname@example.org. For all other inquiries, please contact our Customer Service team by emailing email@example.com or clicking the red Support button on the bottom right corner of COMC.com.