You’ve spent years collecting and investing in your favorite sports cards and memorabilia, but what happens if disaster strikes? If your prized collection was stolen or destroyed by a hurricane or flood, do you have a plan? For everyday, easily replaced personal property, homeowners insurance is all most people need. But for the sports cards and memorabilia you have spent a lifetime collecting, it may not be enough. COMC is proudly partnered with Collectibles Insurance Services. They offer an invaluable service to hobby enthusiasts with personal collections of all sizes and values. Here is what sets them apart from standard homeowners insurance:
- They offer a full range of protection, including (but not limited to) accidental breakage, burglary & theft, fire, flood (except zones A & V), loss in the mail (for when you’re shipping items for grading), natural disasters, and more.
- Their team makes the process of insuring your collection fast, hassle free, and more importantly, affordable. Only individual items or sets valued over $25,000 need to be scheduled (a simple one-line listing – year(s), description, and estimated value). You can get a quote online in just a few seconds, and the application process can be completed entirely online. Appraisals are not required.
- Deductibles start at $0 for their collector policy. They provide coverage for the market value of your collection for covered losses in excess of $50.
- Your collection can be stored at multiple locations throughout the United States as long as they’re scheduled on the policy. Plus, transit coverage is offered for items temporarily away from the scheduled location, such as when you’re traveling with your items to card shows.
- You may select “Automatic Monthly Increase” for additional protection of new acquisitions and appreciation of your existing sports cards and memorabilia. Selecting this coverage will apply an automatic monthly increase of 1% in coverage, up to a maximum of $1 million.
Collectibles Insurance Services has been proving their service and expertise to our industry for over 50 years. Providing collectibles insurance is all they do. If you’re ready to properly protect your collection against unforeseen events, visit the Collectibles Insurance Services website today – www.CollectInsure.com – or call 888-837-9537 to speak with an expert team member (8:30am – 5pm ET, Monday – Friday).
This blog post is a summary of some of the available coverages offered by Collectibles Insurance Services. Refer to their policy for terms and conditions