Hello COMC Nation! It’s Wednesday, the middle of the week, “hump day” (if you will) and you know what that means. It’s the day you’ve been waiting for…no, not Jim McMahon’s birthday (although we were always big fans of the sweatbands). I mean, it’s time for a new COMC Hot List.
While everyone else was watching the baseball playoff races develop or taking the football preseason a little too seriously, our dedicated team of card experts has been putting together the latest Hot List – figuring out who’s the hottest of the hot, and determining the sets people will be collecting over the next 2 weeks. This is what we’ve come up with – the COMC Hot List for August 21th to September 4th:
- 2013 Topps Football
- 2013 Topps Finest Football
- 2013 Topps Allen & Ginter Baseball
- 2013 Panini Rookies And Stars Football
- 2013 Fleer Retro Marvel Trading Cards
- 2012-13 Panini Prime Hockey
- 2013 Topps Tier 1 Baseball
- 2013 Garbage Pail Kids Chrome
- Junior Lake
- E.J. Manuel
- Xander Bogaerts
- Sonny Gray
- Yasiel Puig
The Hot List Theme
As we mentioned earlier, the football preseason is in full swing, so to celebrate the loss of national productivity on Sundays over the next few months, we’re going to add 2013 football RC’s to the Hot List: any NFL player whose Rookie Card is part of a 2013 football set is eligible for the current Hot List.
So what does being on the Hot List mean?
COMC wants to encourage our users to get these hot cards into your accounts to offer for sale as quickly as possible, so starting today, any cards submitted for the Hot List will qualify for our “Hot List Special” processing. With this service, you will receive One Day processing at the special Hot List price: $0.50 per raw card and $1.00 per graded, encased, or jumbo card.
- Clearly write “Hot List Special” on the outer mailing package and/or the address label.
- $5 minimum batch fee (We recommend submitting 10+ items.)
- 200 item maximum per week
- Must be postmarked by September 4th, 2013
- Can be mailed to either our US or Canadian office
- Any submissions received on a Friday or Saturday may not be processed until the following Monday.
- Submissions with non-Hot List items mixed in will be downgraded to One Week service.
- Redemption cards may qualify for Hot List pricing, but will take up to a week to process.
You’re welcome to submit Hot List batches at the same time that you submit other batches with different service levels, even if they’re mailed in the same package, but please make sure that each batch is clearly separated and labeled, and that “Hot List Special” is written on the outside of the mailing package and/or mailing label.