It is that time of year when the team at COMC packs their bags and heads to the largest card show in the nation: The National Sports Collectors Convention! This particular year, we are packing some slightly heavier bags than normal thanks to your help in filling up The Vault. However, we are also bringing along a few extra goodies as well.
Where to Find Us
This is our first time in the Corporate Area! You will find us at booth 850 in between Panini and PSA. You will have an opportunity to see Tim, Julia, Geoff, Steve, Jim, me, and other members of our Team. After you have met us, we have a few surprises.
For the first time ever, we will be doing On-Site Processing at The National! You heard us right: bring your cards to us while we are at the show, and we will process your cards right there at the convention.
Breakdown of National Specials
- New Consigners – 1 item free, same day, onsite processing
- $0.50/item (200 items per user), One Day onsite processing for Vault items
- $2/item (no limit) One Day onsite processing for COMC or The Vault
- FREE (no limit) To Be Graded submissions (see details below)
- $70 Flat Rate Special – 1 660 count box, 6 week processing (see details below)
- Save on shipping by submitting to us at The National
- Note: Due dates will be based off of when items are submitted at The National instead of waiting until we receive them back at the office.
- Beckett Collectible Cards- come by the booth for a chance to get access to a unique collectible card featuring COMC!
- Blowout Raffles
How Onsite Processing at The National Works
If you have never consigned with us, we will process your first item for free while you wait!
Submit up to 200 cards at $0.50 per card to The Vault, and we will have the cards processed and on the site as soon as possible, for sure in One Day!
Submit any number of cards with our One Day, One Week, or One Month services. Not only will we pay to ship your items back to Redmond for you, we will also start processing your items at the National so that your due dates will be based on when you drop off your items instead of when they get back to our office.
FREE – To Be Graded Submissions
If you would like any of your items graded by Beckett and than returned to your COMC account, you can drop them off with us, and we will put them in your COMC account within 24 hours for FREE. Once they are in your account the only thing you will be able to do with them is to select a grading service. The grading fees start at $12 for one month service.
To celebrate our 7th National and our 6th anniversary, we are offering a $70 Flat Rate Special for a 660ct box.
- Use the Submission Wizard to notify us of the submission
- Limit 1 660ct box per person
- Single row, no jammed in minis
- If you don’t have a 660ct box, please measure no more than 11.75″ of cards
- These cards will be processed at a 6 Week Processing speed
- All submissions must be postmarked by August 22nd
You may also elect to drop these cards off at the National and avoid any shipping costs!
Beckett Collectible Cards
This year, Beckett has produced a full set of collectible cards featuring major sports stars from Chicago on one side of the card and details of major companies in the trading card industry. COMC is happy to say that we are numbered among those companies selected for these cards! There will be a very limited quantity of these cards. Our card features Derrick Rose. Here are three ways to get your hands on a copy:
- First 10 people to fund their account with $100 of Store Credit at our booth
- First 10 people to spend $100 in either The Vault or COMC at our booth
- 5 of these cards will be raffled off Thursday and Friday in the Blowout Raffle and 10 on Saturday
These cards will be given out Thursday-Sunday at our booth, so be sure to swing by for your opportunity to collect them!
Blowout will be hosting a raffle Thursday-Saturday at 3 pm, and COMC will be there. Not only will you have a chance to win one of the unique Beckett Collectible Cards, but there will be 2 $20 COMC Gift Cards in the raffle each day as well! Don’t miss your chance to have some fun with Tom Fish and earn a chance at some awesome prizes.
We Want to Meet You!
While we are at the National, Tim and the team are looking forward to speaking with many of our users face to face. If you are at the National and would like an opportunity to sit down with Tim and chat, please email us with the subject line “Time With Tim” and let us know what days you will be at the National. We will work with you to reserve 30 minutes of one-on-one time with Tim.
We are especially eager to hear from those of you that run group breaks or box breaks for your customers. We are building some new innovative services that will help you save time and money.
Putting The Team in Gear
Well, there you have it folks. Not only will we be showcasing hundreds of valuable cards from The Vault at this year’s show, but we will also be processing your items right there during the festivities! So come by to say hello to the team, see some beautiful cards, and tell us your thoughts about the site in person. We look forward to seeing many of you there as well as unveiling our newest service in front of one of the world’s most lively group of collectors.