Hello to the COMC Nation! It’s amazing how quickly 2 weeks can go by, as we’re at that point in the calendar where we’re ready to announce a new COMC Hot List!
Our crack team of Identification Processors and Card Experts have spent the last 14 days scanning the internets and watching way too much sports-related television…well, they would be doing that, anyways – but, ultimately, it’s part of their effort to determine what players and sets would be the hottest of the hot, in order to pull together a list.
After their tireless effort, here’s what we have for the COMC Hot List, for June 26th to July 10th:
- Yasiel Puig
- Zach Wheeler
- Wil Myers
- Taijuan Walker
- Jose Iglesias
- 2013 Topps Baseball Series 2
- 2013 Topps Baseball Pro Debut
- 2013 Panini Prestige (Football)
- 2013 Panini Father’s Day
- 2013 Fleer Retro (Basketball)
- 2013 Topps Archives (Baseball)
- 2013 Topps Archives (Football)
- 2013 Bowman Football
The Hot List Theme
This isn’t going to be your usual theme, as we’re going to change things up a little bit. If you’ve been following the COMC Blog, then you’ve seen us talking about The Vault, a new service for high-end collectibles that COMC is bringing online next month.
To help our sellers get the most Vault Eligible items on the site and, ultimately, to the National Sports Collectors Convention for display, we’re dedicating our Hot List Theme to The Vault. That means you can send in any Vault Eligible items you’d like to get on the site, and they’ll be processed at the regular Hot List processing prices and service.
Beginning today, any and all items placed on future Hot Lists will now be scanned at 36x resolution, thus, making all Vault Eligible items on the Hot List ready to list on both COMC and The Vault!
For an item to be Vault Eligible, it will require a minimum asking price of $40 and have a minimum $20 Beckett book value, unless it is not assigned a book value due to scarcity.
So what does being on the Hot List mean?
COMC wants to encourage our users to get these hot cards into your accounts to offer for sale as quickly as possible, so starting today, any cards submitted for the Hot List will qualify for our “Hot List Special” processing. With this service, you will receive One Day processing at the special Hot List price: $0.50 per raw card and $1.00 per graded, encased, or jumbo card.
How to Submit Hot List Items for Consignment:
- Clearly write “Hot List Special” on the outer mailing package and/or the address label.
- $5 minimum batch fee (We recommend submitting 10+ items.)
- 200 item maximum per week
- Must be postmarked by July 10th, 2013
- Must be mailed to our US address (Our Canadian warehouse currently only supports One Month service.)
- Any submissions received on a Friday or Saturday may not be processed until the following Monday.
- Submissions with non-Hot List items mixed in will be downgraded to One Week service.
You’re welcome to submit Hot List batches at the same time that you submit other batches with different service levels, even if they’re mailed in the same package, but please make sure that each batch is clearly separated and labeled, and that “Hot List Special” is written on the outside of the mailing package and/or mailing label.