One of our top priorities at COMC is to get to know and really understand our customers. Needless to say, we were thrilled to attend Mosaiq’s talk at The Industry Summit about the results of their 2013 Trading Card Consumer Survey. We were happy to hear COMC was represented in the survey and were fortunate to learn how trading card consumers see us and what they expect from their experience with us.
When asked about COMC, consumers most closely associated us with the following phrases:
- “Provides opportunity to chase specific players or cards”
- “Is exciting”
- “Good selection of products”
- “Knowledgeable about products and the industry”
We are grateful for this feedback and are honored that you see us this way! We found it particularly interesting that you associate us with an opportunity to chase specific players or cards and thought a bit more why that is. It is true, our platform allows what no one else does:
- An enormous selection of items courtesy of our consigners. With over 6 million items and growing, you have a good chance of finding cards of your favorite player or from that set you’re building.
- A one-of-a-kind system that allows you to buy now and ship later! Where else can you purchase just the one card you need without having to find a number of other cards just to meet a shipping quota? Instead, you can buy the cards you want, when you want, and have them shipped together at a later time for one flat rate.
- Beckett-standardized listings and tiered organization which allow you to easily drill down into sets and explore.
- Of course, high resolution front and back scans of every single item, so the card you see is the card you get.
Let’s be honest, this is pretty exciting. In order to make sure everyone understands just how different we are, we created an ad that will appear in several Beckett Magazines, as well as on the web.
With this in mind, we’re giving you a preview of our newest Beckett ad (CLICK TO ENLARGE):
How about you? Do you feel the same about COMC as those who took the Mosaiq survey? What is it about COMC that makes it a great place for player collecting and set building for you? Did we miss something with our ad?
We also want your input on where our future ads should go. What magazines, forums or blogs do you read, and where else can we tell people about COMC.com? For years, we’ve relied primarily on “word of mouth”, as our customers told their friends about us and encouraged them to become new customers. And, for that, we’re thankful. Now, as we grow, we know our voice has to grow, too.