COMC is proud to announce our latest service to help empower collectors: the COMC Mailbox! Many folks have asked us over the years if they can buy on other sites or participate in a group break and have the items shipped directly to us to make things simpler and to save money. Additionally, we’ve talked to international customers who have had difficulty buying from American sites due to the expense of tracking packages across borders. A number of collectors have been interested in a 3rd party verification service for trades and purchases – a neutral service that can film packages being opened and verify contents. People running group breaks have noted the potential benefit in shipping one large package full of many different participants’ items to a single address rather than mailing out everything individually. The COMC Mailbox service is designed to serve all of these needs:
- Purchases from other sites
- Group breaks
- Proxy shipments to international customers
- Forum trades
- Many other potential uses
HOW IT WORKS
Have any package shipped to your COMC Mailbox instead of directly to you. We’ll open the items in your Mailbox on a monthly basis and put them all into one large batch for you with One Week processing, or you can choose to have them opened and processed at any time. You save money on shipping fees since you don’t have to pay once for the item to be mailed to you and once more to mail it to COMC, and you save on minimum processing charges by bundling multiple small packages together into one consignment batch.
c/o [Your Username]
6727 – 185th Ave NE
Redmond, WA 98052
Cost for a Mailbox: Free!
As an introductory rate, we aren’t charging anything for Mailbox creation or maintenance while we ramp up the service. There’s no extra step for getting started either – your Mailbox is created automatically when we receive something addressed to your COMC Mailbox. Additionally, we will never charge for un-used / empty Mailboxes.
Processing Service Levels Available: One Week ($0.50/card) or One Day ($2/card); $5 minimum on all services.
When we receive a package, we will send you an email notifying you of your Mailbox delivery. You may either wait for us to process your Mailbox items on our standard monthly basis with One Week service (we will open Mailboxes once a month; at that time we will start to process all items in the Mailbox as One Week items) or you may choose to expedite the due date by responding to the email and indicating One Week or One Day processing for all the contents of that Mailbox. There is no additional cost to opening your Mailbox early, however our standard $5 minimums still apply and the items will be subject to all normal processing costs. To prevent potential errors, users may not split Mailbox items up into different service levels.
- Requests for One Day processing of Mailbox items must be received by 11:00am PST of the day before you would like your items uploaded (i.e. if you email us at 3:00pm on Tuesday requesting One Day service for your Mailbox items, we will upload your items by the end of the day on Thursday).
- This service is currently for cards only, no comics or other memorabilia.
- We will provide a picture of the package contents, and we will count the number of items in the package, but we are not able to identify any items that have not been processed yet.
- If there appear to be any irregularities with the order, the user will be responsible for contacting COMC promptly; costs to return items to the original shipper or to return items to the account holder unprocessed will be assumed by the COMC account holder.
- Other processing service levels beyond One Week and One Day are not available for Mailbox items at this time.
- Graded cards will not incur an additional $5 minimum fee if they are processed at the same time as standard cards, although they will be billed at the regular oversized item processing rate of $2.00/item for One Week or $3.00/item for One Day.
- International users of the Mailbox service will be responsible for any duties / border-crossing fees associated with any Mailbox items received.
- Users should be aware of any external deadlines (ebay return deadlines for example) and proactively request an early open date if package contents need to verify contents by a certain time.
We’re excited to be offering this new service to further improve your collecting experience. Like many of our great features, this one grew organically from the community. We’d specifically like to thank cocoscards for engaging with us when we were in Edmonton. We appreciate our users’ feedback, as your input has led to some of the innovations now available on COMC.com. Keep following us on the blog, Facebook, Twitter, and our new Google+ page!